Here's another great three-season yarn from Lang. Introduced in the spring, Greina is a marvelous mix of fibers: wool, viscose, linen and acrylic. It's an evenly spun worsted weight, but the linen gives it a slightly slubby look, and the viscose (rayon) a little shine. This makes it very attractive for men's garments, because it has that slightly uneven, rugged look that men like. It's easy to knit and soft to the touch, but has more body than the standard superwash merino. That means it takes well to stitch patterning and cables, as it holds its shape well.
There are patterns for Greina in the more recent Fatto a Mano books (2012-2013) but you can use it for any pattern calling for 5 st to the inch.
- 40% acrylic, 30% Merino wool, 18% Viscose, 12% Linen
- 20 stitches & 28 rows = 4 inches on US 7 needles (4.5 mm)
- 50 gram ball is about 162 yards (105m)
- Machine wash warm, gentle, use detergent for fine wash, dry flat
A hint of sheen adds dimension to Lago's intriguing slubby texture. Available in both deep saturated colors and shimmering neutrals, the machine washable blend of viscose and linen gives this thick & thin yarn an exquisite drape.Textured knits are very important now, and what could be easier than a yarn that makes its own texture? Plus, this yarn is beautiful with open work patterns, whether it be crochet or knit.
81% Viscose, 19% Linen
1.75 oz / 50 g = 103 yds / 94 m
5 sts = 1" 20 sts & 28 rows = 4" (10cm)
7(US) / 4.5 mm
Machine wash with mild soap. Lay flat to dry.
Linda is a winner for year round wear! This medium gauge yarn is a chained construction for lots of volume with minimal weight. It has a subtle sheen, and comes in beautifully intriguing but neutral shades that reflect light. Exceptionally soft and very fashionable!
Linda is a marvelous blend of linen, rayon, and acrylic, and wonderful for crochet too!
Knit a simple top to wear on its own all summer, then under a jacket for work the rest of the year!
46% acrylic, 43% Viscose, 11% Linen
- 20 stitches & 28 rows = 4 inches on US 8 needles (5 mm)
- The 50 gram ball is about 115 yards (105m)
- Machine wash warm, gentle, use detergent for fine wash, dry flat.
- Woman's medium (36") long sleeved pullover takes approximately 550 g (11 balls)