Montana from Lang
A beautiful flamme knitting yarn with subtle, blended color effects from Lang Yarns. A great choice for chunky weight projects--soft and slightly thick and thin. Light to wear, and great yardage too.
- 35% new wool, 15% alpaca, 50% acrylic.
- 50 g ball is about 90 m (99 yards).
- 14st & 22 rows = 4" on a US 10 (6mm) needle.
- Hand wash, lay flat to dry.
We have added some pattern support from Lang Yarns--some individual patterns and some discontinued Lang magazines. Check these out:
Fatto a Mano 184, Fatto a Mano 190.
This is a tweedy version of Lang's popular chunky yarn, West. Light and airy, it combines a gradual color variation with tweedy flecks for a one-of-a-kind look.
trendsetter's classic multi-fiber, multi-texture yarn.
Dune has been a perennial favorite since first introduced. If you love color, this yarn is for you. Dune combines the soft haze of mohair with enough glitter and substance to successfully present even the most vibrant colors in variegated colorways.
Because of the mohair halo, Dune knits to 4 stitches per inch on US 9 needles to produce a solid stockinette fabric.
- 41% Mohair, 30% Acrylic, 29% Nylon
- Use size 9 needle, 5.5 mm
- 50 g skeins About 80 yards per skein
- 4 stitches = 1" Hand wash.
Mila is a super light chainette, knitted wool yarn, remarkable for its
softness. The exciting color blends give knitted pieces a discreet
liveliness. Great for men's sweaters, Mila is not too dressy, and it is machine washable. It's great for cardigans and jackets, or all sorts of snuggly accessories.
Mila is so light, a yarn that's quick to knit, with an appealing soft hand. The subtle heathery colors are so appealing! Use for any pattern calling for chunky weight wool, and see also the patterns in the newest Fatto a Mano 236 Collection and Fatto a Mano 238 Urban, and Fatto a Mano 239 Accessories.
- 90% Superwash Wool, 10% Nylon
- 17 stitches and 24 rows to 4"
- US 10 needles (6 mm)
- 50 gram ball is about 164 yards (99m)
- Machine wash low heat and gentle, dry flat, do not use fabric softener Woman's medium (36") long sleeved pullover takes approximately 350-400 g (7-8 balls)
- Poems Chunky
by Wisdom Yarns
A bulky version of the Poems variegated wool yarn, and it comes in a big 100g skein. Poems is a 100% wool roving yarn featuring artistic colors which shade easily from one color to the next. Perfect for sweaters, scarves, hats, and more --- and it felts like a dream!
This single ply yarn has a bit more twist to it than other roving yarns, for a little more stability and a more even thickness over the yardage. When knit it produces a slight halo, which is just enough to blend the beautiful color combinations softly together. A real value in variegated wool bulky weight.
- 100 g balls
- 110 yards/ball
- 100% wool
- 3-3¾ st per inch in stockinette, size 9-11 (5.5-8mm) needles
- Crochet gauge is 2-2¾ st in single crochet, size K-N (10.5-13mm) hook
- Hand wash or dry clean